Title : Quality Assurance Tester
Location : Cape Town (Mowbray)
- Serve as 1st line support for the team. Test defects raised by internal and external clients to validate defects.
- Create defects with appropriate replication steps in the internal change control system.
- Review functional and design stories to ensure full understanding of individual deliverables at the start of each sprint.
- Develop, document and maintain functional test cases and other test artifacts like the test data, data validation etc.
- Plan and execute regular regression cycles for software releases. Record results in testing software and ensure that defects are logged and communicated.
- Ensure that release notes are up to date for each story / task completed in a sprint.
- Participate in story time with the business analyst and technical lead / architect in refining the product backlog and high level estimations.
- Working collaboratively as part of an Agile development team:
- Deliver according to the Definition of Done requirement.
- Collaborating with the Development Project Manager, Product Owner, Architects, Developers and Business Analysts as required.
- Support the development process by assisting with the QA estimation to deliver a story in a sprint.
- Participate in planning meetings.
- Participate in Sprint Planning Development Cycles every 2 weeks.
- Participate in the Daily Stand-up meetings.
- Self-starter, able to manage individual responsibilities and also contribute successfully to team deliveries on complex, long-term projects.
- Strong analytical ability and abstract thinking to be able to gather high-level business requirements effectively and QA the user stories and technical specifications.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Listening attentively to requirements, in depth questioning, interpretation and ability to see the holistic view of the business and assess impact accordingly.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to document and present the results of analysis clearly and concisely.
- Should have technical background or aptitude.
- Able to Multi-task and manage multifaceted analysis projects (dual track)
- Analytical thinker
- Critical thinking skills
- Delivery focused
- Team Player – must be able to work collaboratively with the Client, redPanda Executives, BAs, DPMs, Service Delivery Managers and Development Managers.
- Keen attention to detail
- Flexible/adaptable/approachable and willing to work in rapid changing, high delivery environment.
- Integrity & Professionalism
- Stays focused under pressure
- IT Diploma or related Degree will be an advantage but is not essential.
- Minimum requirement is Matric with at least 3+ years of on the job work experience.
- Ideally but not essential, experience in using Agile (SAFe) methodologies will be an advantage.
- Exposure to Enterprise development will be a definite advantage.
- Experience with Jira and ticket management systems (e.g. QC or ALM).